Slurries for Copper
AmberCut ASL 914SA is a high precision CMP slurry specifically formulated for use on copper and metal oxide layers. AmberCut ASL 914SA utilizes Saint-Gobain’s patented polycrystalline alumina abrasive particles which greatly enhance planarization rates and efficiency compared to colloidal silica and other competitive abrasives. It is also formulated with high efficiency accelerator chemistries which facilitate the control of metal removal rate. Varying pH and peroxide concentrations allows positive topography control with high reproducibility. AmberCut ASL 914SA also contains unique inhibitors that prevent corrosion of the highly sensitive alloys. Special lubricants and surfactants further provide excellent surface finish and cleanability. AmberCut ASL 914SA slurries have colloidal, oxidative and biological stability for enhanced ease of use.
Features and Benefits
- Provides very high planarization efficiency and removal rates
- Highly tuneable topography control by varying pH & peroxide
- Inhibits corrosion of sensitive alloys
- Provides excellent surface finishes
- Colloidal & biological stability facilitates ease of use
- Oxidative stability allows supply of slurry at predetermined peroxide concentrations
Saint-Gobain offers a series of high precision CMP slurries specifically formulated for use on silica oxide and silica nitride wafers. They utilize Saint-Gobain’s proprietary zirconia particles and ceria particles that greatly enhance removal rates compared to other competitive abrasives. It is also formulated with high efficiency accelerator chemistries which facilitate the control of removal rate. SG oxide/slurries also contain unique additives that provide excellent surface defectivity and cleanability. They have excellent slurry shelflife stability. These slurries have high colloidal and biological stability for enhanced ease of use.
- Recommended for TSV through silicon via and copper and nitride applications
- Internally engineered abrasive particles leading to unmatchable removal efficiency
- Tight control of particle size distribution and oversized particles
- Formulation chemistry designed to maxime CoO and improve cleanability
- Knowledgeable application engineers available to answer questions