Diamond and CBN High-Quality Products for Precision & Performance
Saint-Gobain Surface Conditioning offers a full range of diamond and CBN products for superabrasive wheels and grinding tools. From precision grinding to critical finishing, Saint-Gobain’s highly engineered diamond and CBN abrasive powders deliver consistent and reliable performance in technically demanding wheel and tool applications.
Our ABC Warren brand products are designed for various bond technologies and specific requirements:
- Resin Bond Mesh Diamond — Semi-blocky friable diamond that continually breaks down, forming new sharp cutting edges when used on a wide variety of non-ferrous materials for cutting tools.
- Metal Bond Mesh Diamond — Diamond crystal recommended for more demanding grinding applications requiring the best balance of free cutting and wheel life.
- Metal Bond Saw Grit Diamond — Diamond with the same benefits of metal bond mesh, but with a more controlled crystal shape for consistent cutting performance.
- Natural Bond Mesh and Micron Diamond — Diamond mined from the natural source, for applications where sharp and free cutting as well as low intrinsic impurities are required.
- Cubic Boron Nitride Diamond — Designed for use in all types of bond formulations for grinding or cutting of hardened steels and super alloys.
A Diverse Range of Applications
Saint-Gobain diamond and CBN powders provide precise performance in a diverse range of applications:
- Academic and corporate research and development
- Aerospace component manufacturing
- Carbide tools
- Cosmetics and dermatological abrasion treatments
- Dental tools
- Diamond coated (CVD) tools
- Diamond dressing and wheel forming tools
- Gem polishing and lapidary
- Mechanical seals lapping and polishing
- MEMS and nanotechnology device fabrication
- Metal, resin and vitreous bonded grinding wheels
- Metallography, materialography and specimen preparation
- Mold polishing
- MR and GMR magnetic head lapping / planarizing
- Optical and electo-optical component lapping and polishing
- PDC / PCBN cutting tools
- Reverse, electroplated grinding wheels
- Single layer, electroplated grinding wheels
- Single-pass electroplated bore finishing tools
- Technical ceramics machining
- Valve polishing
- Wire drawing dies
Choosing the Right Product for Your Application
The physical and chemical properties of synthetic diamond and CBN can influence the performance of grinding wheels and superabrasive tools depending on the application. Saint-Gobain will work with you to help you find the right product to maximize performance for your specific application.
Factors to consider include:
- Particle size and particle size distribution (PSD)
- Particle shape / morphology / aspect ratio / ellipticity
- Toughness and thermal toughness index (Ti & TTi)
- Extrinsic / surface chemical purity and cleanliness
- Intrinsic chemical purity
- Coating types and percentage by weight